A Pure, On-Fire Church
“I’ve had several profound dreams in which I’ve seen two babies, named Revival and Awakening. In the first they were almost newborns, although Awakening was slightly older. Gently I held them and breathed in the fragrance of their sweet heads. Nurses, which I discerned to be angels, waited in the background to attend them. Recently I dreamed of these babies again – now somewhat older, but still quite young. Tenderly I kissed Revival’s bare toes, as Awakening crawled across the room. Once there, he seemed to lift up the edge of an old section of carpeting to partially hide underneath it. In alarm I thought to myself, ‘Watch out! Doesn’t anyone realize what he’s doing could start a fire?’ Then I woke up. Wow. Could it be that old coverings of religiosity are being lifted and that fires of awakening are imminent?” (Diane Lake)1
“…Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:25b-27; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Welcome the infants, Awakening and Revival, in the Church! Ask God to grow them quickly among us!
- Call for the purifying fire of God’s holiness in this move of revival and awakening!
- Cry out for purification and holiness for the Bride of Christ!
- Identificationally repent of blatant sin, complacency, unsanctified mercy, and taking God for granted that permeates our current church culture.
- Thank God that He desires revival and awakening far more than we do and He will do it!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we see that Revival and Awakening are born and slowly growing among us. We welcome them and ask You to pick up their growth pace in America! We purposefully call for Your work of purification of Your Bride. Send Your fires of holiness. Forgive our blatant sin and ignorance of You. We act like you are a god of wood and stone – unable to see or hear us! What are we thinking! Deliver us and draw us to You, quick to repent and anxious for sanctification! You want this far more than we could ever ask or imagine, so come, Lord Jesus, come! Amen.
The Church in America is about to be on fire with Awakening and Revival!
1 Learn more about Diane Lake here.