Relating Justice to the Healing of the Inner City – Praying for the Department of Justice
“In the inner cities of America, justice is unity. The American dream for the inner city is equality with the whole. The issue of the inner city is fatherlessness that produces a community of orphans. It catalyzes a widow spirit. Ultimately it carries a cry for justice from orphans and widows, justice for the widow and the orphan because of the systematic injustices of a fatherless generation of citizens. In Luke 18, Jesus tells a story about a widow who was losing heart because of justice being denied. Her resolve to persistently pursue a judge who did not fear God or man, led her to justice received. “Justice denied” became “justice being heard”. Jesus shared this story to remind us of the power of persistent prayer. He will hear it! May the Son of Man find such faith on the earth when He comes. Praise to Him who is the Judge of judges and King of kings.” (Rickie Bradshaw)1
“And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find [this kind of faith] faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:7-8; KJV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Pray for Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the Department of Justice as they oversee The Office of the Attorney General.
- Pray for Attorney General Sessions in his efforts to combat violent crime and restore public safety in the inner city.
- Pray for criminal justice reform in assisting offenders in becoming law-abiding returning citizens.
- Pray for the Office on Violence Against Women, the Office of Project Safe Childhood, the Office of Elder Justice Initiative, the Office of Victims of Crime, and other offices in the DOJ that directly relate to the inner cities of America.
- Pray for a mighty movement of persistent prayer among those who live in the inner city and that the church will become more strategically involved with the criminal justice system. (Taken from The Reconciled Church thereconciledchurch.org/seven-spheres)
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, You are a God of Justice. Send a move of righteous justice to the inner cities, such that the cries of the widows and the orphans are heard. We pray for the government agencies that deal with justice: the Department of Justice under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Office of Violence Against Women, the Office of Project Safe Childhood, the Office of Elder Justice Initiative, etc. Please make them as efficient as possible and filled with righteous ones who will know how to carry out efficient justice on behalf of the most needy. End violence in our cities, Lord. Grant us grace and peace, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Our God is a righteous Judge who cares for the widows and orphans and executes justice on their behalf!
1 Learn more about Rickie Bradshaw here.