Celebrating the U. S. Constitution
This week marks the 230th anniversary of the adoption of the United States Constitution. This founding document has kept our nation on a solid track for a long time. What a wonderful document we have! It was written after our founding fathers humbled themselves in prayer. Some of its concepts were taken from God’s Word. It begins, “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”1
“And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, ‘To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!’” (Revelation 5:13; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Intercede for this nation to honor God, even as our founders did when they prayed and wrote the Constitution.
- Thank Him who reigns forever for imparting His heart and mind to those who wrote our founding documents.
- Declare the Preamble of the Constitution written above. Do this to establish today that this document is just as important to this generation as to the one 230 years ago. Know that tens of thousands of Believers will be doing this today.
- Honor the One who established this nation by quoting, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”
A prayer you can pray:
- Father, I humble myself and pray for America. Please stir up increased intercession for this nation. I pray that the Church would be stirred to honor You. You have put a part of Your heart and vision in the very documents America exists upon. You are so worthy of our honor and worship! Together with tens of thousands of Believers using this app today, I declare the Preamble of the Constitution written above. The foundation You gave us is secure. “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”
I decree that this nation was founded on God’s dream, His sovereign direction, His Word, and the intercession of those who sought Him. It remains because of His continued loving watchfulness.
1 The Preamble to the U. S. Constitution.