Troubling Executive Actions
The Democrats and Republican RINOs failed to convict Trump for the second time. Their misuse of the Constitution, including the altering of evidence, demonstrates not only their utter hatred of Trump and the policies he pursued, but also their complete confidence they can now do whatever they choose without reprisal. Though they do indeed hold the upper hand temporarily, they do not factor in “the appeal” – it still works. Just as our Founders, we are basing our hope on THE Upper Hand; He will have the final say.
Mr. Biden issued several executive actions beginning on his first day in office. There have been 42 to date – more than any other president has issued in their first month. Some of these orders were aimed at reversing Trump’s Executive Orders; others were executed to fulfill campaign promises. Some are very concerning.
Executive actions include Executive Orders, memorandums, and proclamations. According to a U.S. government website, “Executive Orders state mandatory requirements for the Executive Branch, and have the effect of law. They are issued in relation to a law passed by Congress or based on powers granted to the President in the Constitution and must be consistent with those authorities.” Congress can propose legislation to slow down the implementation of executive orders, or it can defund them.
States have been known to sue the federal government over executive actions that may adversely affect their populations and economies. Six state Attorneys General recently sent Mr. Biden a letter warning of potential legal action against his executive actions. Here are some examples:
- Texas sued and won a case in response to a presidential memorandum freezing deportation of immigrants for 100 days. The court agreed that the policy could limit law enforcement’s ability to protect the citizens of the state. You can read more here.
- The South Dakota House of Representatives has proposed legislation giving their Attorney General the ability to nullify any Executive Orders they deem unconstitutional and which could adversely affect their citizens.
- 14 state Attorneys General sent a letter in response to the Executive Order canceling the Keystone XL pipeline. This action caused tens of thousands of individuals to lose their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While Executive Orders and memorandums are clearly political decrees, some involve spiritual dynamics. These require our prayers and our action. Here are a few we can be praying about [from IFA]:
- “Memorandum on Protecting Women’s Health at Home and Abroad.” Forces U.S. taxpayers to fund abortion. The advancement of abortion clearly breaks the heart of God. Abortion opens a nation to sin and removes the blessing of the Lord. In this case, we would not only be funding abortion within the United States, but also in other nations.
- “Executive Order on Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government.” Supports the premise that America was founded in 1619 by slaves. Dissolves the 1776 Commission President Trump established to promote patriotic education and the true story of the founding of America. We maintain that America was founded by God for His divine purposes. Our Founders sought Him in intercession, and He answered with wisdom from above. No one should be able to abolish that heritage with the stroke of a pen. We say that God will be honored and not removed from the history of America.
- “Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation.” Promotes transgenderism. Allows biological males to compete in women’s sports and to use bathroom and locker room facilities of their choice. In Genesis 1:26-31, the Bible tells us that God created mankind in His image as male and female. This executive order violates God’s biological law and lifts protection from the women of America. Additionally, it causes an unequal playing field for women in competitive sports, potentially affecting scholarships and future careers. While liberals say they want equal rights for women, this order denies that to them.
We will not stop telling the true and correct stories of God’s relationship with the people of this land. We will correct history in every way we can. We will stand against laws and statutes that remove God and His ways from our society. We and our children will honor the Lord in America.
“There is no one holy like the Lord, indeed, there is no one besides You, nor is there any rock like our God. Do not go on boasting so very proudly, do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and with Him actions are weighed.” 1 Samuel 2: 2-3
Pray with me:
Father, America was founded by You for Your purposes. We acknowledge that fact and desire to see You honored in the law of the land. Our hearts break with Yours over some of the political decisions being made by executive action. We ask You to forgive our nation for its arrogance against You and Your ways. Your laws are being ignored and broken. You are being rejected. Your word speaks of those who do not honor You or give You thanks, but “became futile in their reasonings, and their senseless hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools” (Romans 1:21-22).
Thank You for the state legislatures and state Attorneys General who are fighting for us at the state level. We bless them and pray that they will have wisdom and boldness. Grant them divine strategies to know how to push back against unjust executive actions. Help them develop cases to protect the citizens of their states. Protect our livelihoods. Protect our babies in the womb. Protect our women. Protect our nation’s heritage and history honoring You.
Father, we are confident that prayer – “the appeal” – still works. Our faith is not in government. As President Ronald Reagan wisely said, “government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem.” We ask You to turn this nation around, to restore it fully. We thank You that satan’s plan to take over our nation – Valkyrie – has now fallen and will not succeed. You are exposing the hideous evil pervading many of our leaders, and You are going to send a GREAT revival, giving America a Reset and fresh start. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus’ name…Amen.
We honor the Lord and His Word, His history, and His heritage in this nation.