Watchfulness Against Deception
[Beginning 9/25, and continuing through Election Day, November 3rd, GiveHim15 is joining forces with many other national prayer ministries in 40 Days of Prayer for America. John Robb, Co-Convener of the National Prayer Assembly, provides today’s prayer focus.]
“When the ancient city of Troy was besieged by the Greek army in 1200 BC, the Trojans thought that their defenses, especially their high walls, could never be breached. They were right. However, the Greeks did not mount a frontal attack on their walls, but instead cunningly deceived their enemy by leaving a large wooden statue of a horse. The idea was to feign defeat and honor the Trojans for their victory. Meanwhile, a band of Greek soldiers was hiding inside the horse’s belly as the Trojans unwittingly admitted the “prize of war” into the heart of their city. Later that night, as the residents of Troy slept, the hidden Greek commandos emerged to open the gates to the rest of the Greek army who savagely massacred the residents and destroyed their once proud city by fire.
In the same way, the greatest threat to America’s national security is our openness to deception and lack of watchfulness. The Trojans thought they were invincible behind their vast, high, seemingly impenetrable walls and defenses. We dare not become complacent, thinking that because we are the world’s ‘superpower,’ we are safe from attack. That is not the case at all. Even great empires have fallen when their enemies succeeded in deceiving them and conquering them from the inside.
“We must pray for our current and future administrations to be able and willing to boldly identify and confront threats to the nation. We also need to pray our leaders will have the willingness to look carefully at policies previously created or underway that might undermine and endanger our national security.”
“Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.” (Psalm 127:1; NIV)
“I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest…” (Isaiah 62:6; NIV)
Points for Prayer (By, John Robb):
- Thank God for His deliverance and protection over the USA until now and for His mercy in the “divine turnaround” we experienced during the 2016 election.
- Pray for President Trump and his administration and for our Department of Defense to have great wisdom as they seek to upgrade and modernize our military forces, both conventional and nuclear.
- Pray for our various intelligence agencies and for the Director of National Intelligence, that they will work together in unity and careful coordination, being ever watchful to discover security threats.
- Pray for any remaining cells of terrorists to be uncovered and plots foiled before any harm can be done. Pray that these dangerous people will be arrested and deported from our country immediately.
- Pray for the removal of the corrupt and wicked from positions of influence in the government, including the CIA, FBI, and other intelligence agencies, as well as other governmental bureaucracies in D.C. and throughout the nation. The Lord is answering this prayer, but we need to see this process go further to ferret out and prosecute all “deep state” actors.
- Pray that the moral and spiritual decline of America will be reversed. Identify in repentance for our national sins and ask for God’s mercy upon our wayward nation.
A Prayer You Can Pray:
God, we thank You for protecting America from harm. There are so many ways we could be in danger today, but we know You are watching over us. You are turning this nation toward You and back to Your purposes. You aren’t going to let anything stop that turning. You are not just answering our prayers—this is Your move, and You have us praying into it. Thank You for giving us President Donald Trump and this administration who have honored You and Your people throughout the last three years. Grant them grace to continue to expose the darkness in our government offices, in the CIA, FBI, DOJ, and many other organizations. Let every plan against us, foreign and domestic, be ferreted out! Let all “deep state” activity be discovered.
Let all of the external domestic and foreign plots and terrorism be uncovered, as well. We say, “Expose, expose, expose, Lord!” Let our officials find out who is behind all the current domestic violence in our cities. Let those individuals be brought to justice! Lord, use this season of exposure to bring the fear of the Lord on America. Let those whose deeds are done in darkness now see that they cannot get away with this damage for long. Eventually, they will be uncovered. Let moral and spiritual decline begin to reverse and let even the hardest of hearts turn to You for mercy, salvation, and deliverance, Jesus. Amen.
The Lord is America’s Protector and Defender!
Learn more about John Robb here.