America, Return to the Lord
[Brian Gibbs has tremendous passion for America. Like myself, the Lord takes him in and out of Washington, D.C., to intercede for the nation. Today, he shares a valid warning for the Church.]
“It is the most sobering hour and I fear for our prodigal Nation who has carelessly departed from the heart and word of The Lord.
“The hour of decision and the present condition of the heart and soul of this nation will be revealed. Will America choose to go onward in wickedness defying God openly or will we truly repent and return to Him? Will idolatry, iniquity, and haughty rebellion take us into the fires of peril and greater judgements?
“The watchmen are crying out to awaken the conscience. The intercessors cry night and day for mercy. The true messengers are warning of looming disaster, yet who will hear and heed the alarm? Do we realize what is really at stake for our beloved Republic?
“The Holy Spirit has summoned and used many sons and daughters in His work to save and return America in alignment with God’s covenant. I pray we can secure God’s intended destiny of a divine turnaround.
“The impact of what America will decide this hour stands at the door. Father is still beckoning — Return to Me!”
“Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.” (Zechariah 1:3; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Declare James 4:9 (NLT) over the Church of America, “Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.”
- Call out, “Watchmen, what of the night? We will inquire and we will return to the Lord, rending our hearts and interceding for our nation.”
- Cry out for mercy for America. Identificationally repent and ask the Lord to forgive us for our national sins.
- Call for the younger generations to join the older ones in this re-establishment of America’s covenant with the Lord.
- Beginning Friday evening, 9/25, The Return: National and Global Day of Prayer and Repentance, will take place in Washington, D.C. Mark your calendar and click here for information to join this holy moment.
- Consider fasting as we move into that 24 hours of repentance for America. (Only fast in a way you know will not cause you medical harm. The Lord understands.)
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we are entering into a very important season. You are desiring our nation to turn to You. We know this begins with us. Therefore, we declare over the Church of America, “Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.” We need to wake up, understand the spiritual warfare around us, and take our nation’s future seriously. We cry out together, “Watchmen, what of the night? We will inquire and we will return to You, Lord, rending our hearts and interceding for our nation.”
We ask You for mercy. Have mercy on our country. Forgive our national sins. Many decision makers have operated horribly against You, but we must take some of the responsibility for putting them in office. We have voted without knowledge and here we are. Unite us now in You—young, old, rich, poor, and every ethnicity. Make us of one voice carrying Your heart and vision and dream to the polls. We must re-establish Your covenant with America. Thank You, Jesus, for The Return: National and Global Day of Prayer and Repentance coming this Friday night and Saturday. Let us humble ourselves, repent, and pray and see Your return to America. Amen.
We will repent and return to the Lord, and He will return to America!
Learn more about Brian Gibbs and Victory: A Church of His Presence here.