God Makes Beautiful Mosaics Out of Brokenness
Let me relate a story to you from my book, “Dream”. At the royal palace in Tehran, Iran, you can see one of the most beautiful mosaics in the world. The ceilings and the walls flash like diamonds in multi-faceted reflections. However, to create this priceless place, the architect had to rob destruction of its power. Originally, when the palace was designed, the architect called for huge sheets of mirrors on the walls. When the first shipment arrived from Paris, however, they found to their horror that the mirrors were shattered. The contractor threw them in the trash and brought the sad news to the architect. Amazingly, he ordered all the broken pieces collected. Then, he smashed them into tiny pieces and glued them to the walls, where they became a mosaic of silvery, shimmering, bits of glass. They were broken to become beautiful.
The architect of life has designed some wonderful dreams for you. If you’ve been broken, through that brokenness, He wants to create a mosaic of His Glory. He wants to present you to the world as a testimony of His grace and His love.
I would never make light of your pain or setback, or anyone else’s. There are a lot of people who are struggling right now. What I always try to do is encourage people. God is not finished with you. This isn’t your last chapter. He always has a way to turn things around and move us on to victory and breakthrough. If you’ve lost your job, God has a better job. If you’ve created a business and it went under during this time, God wants to help you create a better business. Or, maybe He wants to hook you up with someone that wants to pay you more money than you ever thought you could make in what you were doing before. I am not as smart as God and I don’t really know how He wants to do it. But, I will say this to you, “God is never caught by surprise. He’s never caught off guard. Whatever has happened to you, He knows how to turn it around and He will turn it around.”
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- If you have suffered loss of any kind, please feel free to grieve that loss. God knows and He will love you through it. Tuck in close to the Lord and talk to Him about the brokenness you feel.
- Say over your life, “Lord, You make everything beautiful in its time. You have also set eternity in my heart; I truly cannot fathom what You have done from beginning to end. Someday, I will see. Until then, I will trust Your love for me.”
- Intercede for someone else you know that is suffering right now.
- If you are not in a place of loss and are not close to someone else who is, then pray for the millions out of work today, or those sick with COVID-19, or the medical workers helping them. Pray for the business owners on the verge of losing their life’s work. Believe for something better to come to them out of this situation.
- Think of those broken, but beautiful mirrored walls and pray Ecclesiastes 3:11 in some form over America and the nations of the earth. We must turn to God to make it through and see a turnaround.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, life can seem over, wasted, or even worthless when there is great loss. It can seem like those mirrors – broken pieces fit for the trash. That’s not how You see our lives though. You know that pain will come. You are able to take the brokenness and make something so much better than it even was before. When we suffer the loss of a relationship, marriage, death of a loved one, a job, a business, or even a dream, You can pick up pieces we can’t even see and put them together in a completely new way. You make us stronger; more beautiful. You take what the enemy means for evil and You turn it for good.
Lord, You make everything beautiful in its time. You have also set eternity in our hearts; we truly cannot fathom what You have done from beginning to end. Someday, we will see. Until then, we must trust in Your love. Minister that love to the hurting in our nation today. Minister to those who are afraid, who are sick, who have lost loved ones. Take the pain individuals are feeling and give them deeper compassion. Give them grace to see the world with new vision. Give them ideas to help others, even new business ideas. Make our nation better; stronger; more compassionate.
Minister to those working in exhausting situations, and to our doctors and nurses on the frontlines. Minister to law enforcers, emergency responders, even grocery store workers, and clergy. We bless them today, Jesus and thank You for them. Let Your love and grace shine through them as they care for us. Amen.
God makes all things beautiful in His time!