National Day of Prayer 2020
[Please remember that the special One Voice Prayer Movement Call for the National Day of Prayer is at Noon ET. Join by Dialing 712-775-7430 with no code or 712-775-7431 then enter 2452# or join the webcast by clicking HERE. Pastor Paula White Cain and other Christian leaders will be facilitating this call.]
FROM THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER OFFICIAL SITE:
“God is sovereign and nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Whether we face fluctuating economics, threats from abroad, unrest at home, or other troubling circumstances, our Heavenly Father is not caught unaware. Through prayer, we are able to tap into His wisdom, strength, protection, and peace. He stands ready to respond to our needs when we humbly ask for divine intervention in the affairs of men.
“As we pray for America, whose pledge of allegiance recounts that we are ‘one nation under God,’ and whose currency states that it is ‘in God we trust,’ we want Americans to encounter the God who rules over their country. ‘He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth—the LORD God Almighty is His name.’ (Amos 4:13; NIV)
“He is the One who gave us this promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14: ‘If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.’ As we humbly and diligently seek Him, we’ll be changed, and we’ll see transformation in America through prayer!” (Kathy Branzell, President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force)
“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.” (Habakkuk 2:14; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer (by, the NDP Task Force):
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of your own family members and other families. Pray for families in our country and for families you know.
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of church members and leaders. Pray for churches in our country and for people and churches you know. Ask God to help your church represent Him well and make a difference in the world that needs Him. Ask Him to shine His light through you in spiritually dark places.
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of a business person who has touched your life for good. Pray for businesses and industries in our country and in your community. Ask God to call, equip, and establish Christians in these places of influence. Pray by name for workers and businesses you know that are facing significant challenges.
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of someone in Education. Pray for challenges faced by workers and students in Education. Ask God to call, equip, and establish Christians in these places of influence.
- Pray for Christians in these circles to have a powerful testimony for Christ. Ask God to protect them from any corrupting influences from these channels. Pray for influential people to be transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of the Military. Pray for those who serve our country. List some of the benefits like the peace and liberties we enjoy because of the sacrifice of others. Thank God for their service and sacrifice. Pray for God’s blessings on them and their families.
- Thank God for the ministry and influence of people serving in Government. Ask God to call, equip, and establish Christians in these places of influence. Pray for Government leaders and workers. Read Jeremiah 29:7 again and pray specifically for your city and our country.
A prayer you can pray (by, Kathy Branzell):
Lord, we exist to give You glory. We exist because of Your glory, and in Your glory, as our Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer. We give you thanks and praise for every breath and moment You have given to us. We repent of our sin; for the shameful things we have done against You and for our silence when we did not speak up to proclaim Your Name, profess Your Word, or protect and practice Your will. We ask Your forgiveness. We pray that the knowledge of the glory of the Lord will spread across our nation and the entire earth as we seek Your Kingdom and righteousness; as we walk in obedience to You, and in humble unity, love one another. Jesus, the Bible says that You are “the knowledge of the glory of the Lord.” You have taught us to pray, commanded us to love, and commissioned us to share Your gospel of grace.
Your glory fills our hearts and families, it overflows into our neighborhoods, workplaces, campuses, churches, entertainment, and media. We give thanks for our military and ask that Your glory would spread to, and through them as they preserve freedom around the world. We pray for our government, that all of our leaders and laws would be filled with Your glory, that they would magnify Your Holy Word and honor Your will and ways. We pray that Your grace and glory would spread to bring hope to the hopeless, and love where there is hurt and hate. God, use us as we pray your promise, that “the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.” In Jesus Name, Amen!
The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
Learn more about Kathy Branzell and the National Day of Prayer Task Force here.