The Devil’s Plans Always Backfire
[Beginning on 4/21, I asked my brother, Tim Sheets, to share some thoughts with us over the next few days, so we can pray with spiritual insight. We are going to talk about what God has to say to the Church and this nation right now.]
A lot of people are out of work right now. People are struggling. What we have to do is say, “If we put our faith, hope, and trust in Him, then we will be like Joseph. What the enemy meant for evil, God is going to turn it around for good.” The things happening in this season are going to further His purposes for the earth. It’s also going to further His purposes for us. I’m certainly not encouraged by a virus. I’m encouraged by the response of the Church!
I agree. I feel that God has prepared us. It’s everywhere. This is no longer a small thing. Matthew 16:18-19 tells us about a reigning Church or Ekklesia. Ten years ago, when we started teaching on this, people wondered what we were talking about. Now, the Ekklesia has arisen and many are aligned with it. They are declaring very mature, very insightful Words that are not based on their opinion. They are coming through doctrinal foundations in God’s Word. To me, that’s a game-changer. To me, that’s when revival can roll. To me, that’s when signs, wonders, and miracles start.
I’m encouraged, because I believe we are now headed into the greatest season of breakthroughs the Church has ever seen. We’ve been prophesying the greatest harvest that we’ve ever seen and we are going to see it. This is going to backfire on the devil. Eventually, every plan he’s ever had or carried out has backfired. The Cross was the greatest plan he ever tried and that sure backfired on him. Then, he thought he would persecute the early Church and scatter them everywhere. The Church rapidly spread to Asia Minor, Thessalonika, and all over. The world turned upside down everywhere they went. In modern times, we can look at the persecution in China. The underground church exploded. Satan’s plans always backfire.
“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:18-19; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Don’t despair! Lift up your head and fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith.
- Say out loud, “Joseph thought he was imprisoned and forgotten. I will put my faith, hope, and trust in Jesus, just like Joseph did. What the enemy meant for evil in my life, God is going to turn it around for good.”
- Declare over the Church, “We have been given the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- Bind demonic plans of darkness to limit and destroy the people of the earth. Declare God’s light of truth to shine in the darkness. Loose Truth and the ability for people to see it and discern it. Don’t think politically, think spiritually.
- Loose the power and presence of God through the Church opening their mouths in intercession, declaration, and decree.
- Decree that there is no hinderance to the advancement of the Gospel into the earth. Loose the Gospel’s spread throughout the earth in unprecedented measure.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, I lift my head and fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. Forgive me when I look focus and forget all of Your goodness toward me. I would surely despair if I had not ever seen Your goodness in the land of the living, but I have! I can look back through my life and remember all the places I thought I wasn’t coming through, but here I am! I am grateful for Your goodness and Your provision. I remember Joseph. He also thought he was imprisoned and forgotten. I will put my faith, hope, and trust in Jesus, just like Joseph did. What the enemy meant for evil in my life, You are turning it around for good.
You have developed an Ekklesia over the last ten years or so that knows how to war. We know how to reign with You over the enemy’s plans. We may get down for a moment, but we get each other back up on our feet. We help each other find the words to proclaim and decree. We are obedient to decree what You say to decree. We bind all the plans the enemy is putting forth to steal, kill and destroy. People can’t take this, Lord. Have mercy on us. We need to see Your hand, so we command the enemy to stop in his tracks! We say, “Blind eyes, open! Deaf ears, hear! Let the lost hear the Word of the Lord and see the love of Christ for you!” We loose evangelism through every possible medium into the earth now! We say the harvest is coming in! Amen.
Satan’s plans to restrict and limit the Church in this season are going to backfire!
Learn more about Tim Sheets here.