The Release of Wisdom and Revelation
There is a command of Paul to be filled with the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. Revelation lets us know what to do. Wisdom lets us know how to do it. We take the wisdom from yesterday and apply it to today’s Word. We have to have and move in both. I believe we are going to find ourselves in situations in the coming year where we’re going to hear Him say something to us that will be a reminder of something we have heard Him say to us in the past. It will be something He said in the past, but it is for now. We are going to have to very quickly go back through the files of His Words in our memories. Then, we are going to say, “Now, Lord, show me how to do what You are saying.”
We are moving into one of the most significant “we’ve never been this way before” seasons of our lifetimes. We are going to have to daily do the dance of moving between wisdom and revelation, “What are You saying? How do I do it? What are You showing me? How do I apply that to my life, to this ministry, to this city, to this nation, to this situation, to this circumstance?” We are going to have to move in this to a higher level than we ever have before.
To me, it is one of the ways of expressing the apostolic and prophetic anointings. The apostolic is the wisdom and the prophetic is the revelation. These two things work hand in hand. We are going to have to go to a whole new level of walking in the prophetic and apostolic, wisdom and revelation, anointings. As we do that, we are going to be equipped fully to bring the Kingdom influence that He wants to bring into our regions. We will know what He is saying, and we will have the wisdom to apply it, and know how to build His kingdom correctly in that area.
“He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:9-10; BSB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Have an expectancy for the outpouring of the spirit of wisdom and revelation.
- Begin to remind yourself of any Words you have received that have not yet come to pass. You may have forgotten them and now need the Lord to remind you of them.
- Petition the Lord for an outpouring of the spirit of wisdom and revelation, especially in the knowledge of Him.
- Ask Him to reveal to you what He is doing and saying, and what you are to do with that information.
- Specifically ask the Lord to make known to you the mystery of His plan to bring all things together in heaven and earth in Christ.
- Say, “I want to help build and advance Your Kingdom plan in my area of influence—in my neighborhood, on my job, in my city, in my region.” If you have a statewide call, a national call, and/or an international call, add that.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, I am stirring up an expectancy today to line up with what the prophets are saying. It is time for a fresh outpouring of Your spirit of wisdom and revelation. I must know what You have said to me that has been waiting for now. Remind me of them and show me what to do with them. Take me back to Your written Word and make it come alive again. Reveal to me what You are saying now. How do I do it? What are You showing me? How do I apply that to my life, to my ministry, to this city, to this nation, to this situation, to this circumstance? How will the apostolic and prophetic connect to advance Your Kingdom? How do heaven and earth work together to make Christ known? How do You want the Kingdom to advance in this era? I want to help build and advance Your Kingdom plan in my area of influence—in my neighborhood, on my job, in my city, in my region. Connect me where you need to. Align me where I am needed. Give me the gifts I need, the wisdom I need, and the revelation I need. To You be the Glory, Jesus! It is time! Amen.
God is releasing His wisdom and revelation to the apostolic and prophetic anointings, so His Kingdom can be built correctly and quickly in this nation!