Moving Quickly With Him
Moses had been away from Eqypt for 40 years, then God said, “Go!” Joseph was in prison and he waited and waited and waited. Then, a shift occurred and God said, “Now, you’ve come into your time.” We have come into an appointed time. We’re coming into a time like when God pulled David out of the cave and said, “Now, you go and become King.” We are in a season of great and sudden shifts, and things will accelerate quickly.
You cannot get bogged down in this season. You cannot be inflexible. You have to be willing to move quickly. God is about to do some things quickly and if you’re not ready to move with Him, you’re going to be playing catch up. You do not want to be doing that in this season. You want to stay in step with Him. You want to be fluid. You want to move easily. When He says, “This way,” you want to go now. You don’t want to have to think about it too long and hard. In fact, you don’t get to think about whether or not you are going to do it. When He says it, you just have to do it. You can think about it as you move.
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Think about how many suddenly transformations there are in the Bible stories you are familiar with.
- Check your heart. Is there anything You would not do for Jesus? Is there anywhere you would not go, if He told you to go? Is there anything you would not lay down to be in the center of His will?
- Have you “decorated your prison cell?” In other words, have you grown comfortable in the mundaneness of your life? Talk to the Lord about that.
- Is there something He has been prompting you to do that you have been resistant to? Repent quickly.
- Prophecy into this season of suddenlies. Prophesy over yourself, your spouse, if you have one, your family, your city, and this nation. Prophesy the coming suddenly shifts of God.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, it’s interesting to think about the stories in the Bible in a new way. I am not seeing them as life lessons so much today, but as a pattern. You often move people quickly after long seasons of seeming inactivity. Sometimes, it seems as though You have forgotten them, then, suddenly, You are telling them specifically what to do or where to go. You open doors and lives are changed. You take people from rags to riches, from the bottom to the top, from hiddenness and forgottenness to notoriety. You even heal suddenly, opening blind eyes or healing physical infirmities after long seasons of no change at all. This can be despite much prayer for many years. Suddenly, the healing comes and a life is changed. Leaders seem to emerge out of nowhere, but they have come from long training seasons behind the scenes. Check my heart, Jesus. Where am I unready to shift quickly? Where am I comfortable in the mundane? What would I not give up? Where would I be hesitant to go? You are my Lord and I want to follow You wherever and whenever You call me to. Let’s get me ready and positioned for the suddenly season. Remind me if You have already said to shift and I haven’t wanted to or haven’t had the faith to. I will actively wait patiently and expectantly for whatever is next. I will prophesy into it. [Prophesy and make the decrees the Holy Spirit gives you: over yourself, your spouse, if you have one, your family, your city, and this nation. Prophesy the coming suddenly shifts of God.] Amen.
We, His sheep, are ready to follow Him quickly in this season of kingdom positioning!