God’s Dreams Are Always Alive
When God is revealing His dream to a person or a nation, they don’t always know up front what He’s doing. I don’t think our founding fathers thought, “We’ve got to have this freedom and this liberty, because we are going to preach the Gospel to the ends of the earth.” I believe there was a part of them that understood in some unexplainable way that God was in this, but their overriding desire was for their own freedom and liberty. God starts working His sovereign plan even when we don’t know He’s doing it.
God took a very flawed human being named Abraham. He used Abaham even though he lied about his wife and told the king, “You can have her. She’s my sister.” He slept with his maid and started a family line that wasn’t God’s plan at all. He messed up bad and broke covenant with God. Yet, God is big enough to know He can take flawed vessels and still work His dream through them. He can save them, heal them, cleanse them, deliver them, and restore them.
This is why it angers me when people start to say that God can’t do this or that through America. They start laying out our flaws, as though He has ever had a perfect vessel other than the Lord Himself. God is not a hypocrite. He doesn’t just sweep sin under the rug. He is a redeeming God. Before He ever creates the vessel, He knows how He’s going to purify the vessel and redeem them, so He can get the dream through them.
“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15; NASB)
“ For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21; NKJV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Let the revelation sink in that Jesus is the only unflawed vessel that God has ever used in all of history.
- Do not think, however, that God will use you in your sinful state. He can, but He desires to use those He has cleansed and restored to relationship with Himself. Jesus died, so that You can be set free. God is able to deliver you and restore you. Repent of your sin.
- This is all about intimacy with Him. He reveals His dreams to those He is close to. Desire intimate friendship with Him.
- Pray for others with broken lives and broken dreams to be restored to relationship with Jesus.
- Intercede between what is and what ought to be in America. This nation was formed by God for His purposes, to fulfill His dream. Cry out against the things that are preventing His dream from being fulfilled.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, You have set Your verdict over America. America will be saved. You are accelerating. You are breaking up the fallow ground and taking us deeper to deal with the curses of things such as racism and the shedding of innocent blood. You are healing us and delivering us from the effects of Native American broken covenants, and all the sin and immorality, and all the legislating God out of America. From a place of personal repentance and restored intimacy with You, we are going to rise up and stand in the gap and say what You are saying. Your promises to us are about to intersect their moment. We are going to break up that fallow ground in intercession and get the root system alive again for this nation. The roots of Christianity in America have all been covered over with junk. The ground’s hard. But, the root system is not dead. That’s where Your dream lives, God! It is alive and well and we speak Your resurrection life to it, Jesus! It’s all been covered by the blood of Jesus. It’s all been dealt with by Your Son, Lord. Let the dream live again, in Jesus’ Name! Amen.
Dream of God, come into being in the U.S.A. now!