A Heart Like Caleb’s
It takes a “Caleb heart” to capture strongholds. He was a man of faith that the Bible says followed the Lord fully. He cared about the reputation of the Lord and about covenant. He cared about what God had done in previous generations. He cared more about these things than his own well-being. Caleb said, “I will not rest until I take that city.” What God is looking for is a remnant of Believers with the heart of Caleb. They will care more about the cause of Christ and the destiny of their cities and nation than their own reputations, their own churches, and their own ministries. God wants someone that will say, “I will take this city!” God will liberate it when they pray.
Do not wait for a majority of Believers to engage with you. You don’t need the majority of the Church to liberate your city from the strongholds keeping it in bondage. The majority of the Church will benefit. They are going to get to eat of the fruit of the land. They are going to take part in the harvest. It will benefit whole regions, but it will not be a majority that takes out the giants. God doesn’t need a majority.
“Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms. Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow. Others you must build up and plant.” (Jeremiah 1:10; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Say, “We are a Caleb company! We are conquerors, who are willing and more than able to take the land!”
- Declare, “This is the year to tear down, dismantle and pull down every stronghold of the enemy in our land.”
- Tell the Lord, “We want this city (name your city). We will partner with those you show us, but we don’t need a large company. We don’t need all the pastors in unity. We just need faith-filled Believers.”
- Decide to seek embrace the Word of the Lord more seriously for the rest of this year. Read the Bible. Pray in passages of scripture. Ask the Lord for scriptures from the Word of God to use as a sword to bring the strongholds down!
- Adore the Lamb. Take communion, if you have elements available.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we stand before You now. We say, “We are a Caleb company. We are willing to take the land. We are well able to take the land. We are more than conquerers. We overwhelmingly conquer.” We echo Your words, “This is a year to tear down, to dismantle, to pull down.” We are going to exalt who You are. We are going to take back the city and make it a place of covenantal friendship. We are going to seek the Word of the Lord. We are going to seek the fire of God. We are going to see miracles come to this region. We are going to see revival come to this nation, in Jesus’ name, amen. We agree that there are enough of us. There are more than enough. There are more than enough to take out the strongholds that are in this area. We rise up in faith. We won’t look at the numbers. We won’t consider how long the strongholds have existed. We’re not going to look at how deeply they are entrenched. We are going to look at You. We are going to look at the blood of the Lamb. We are going to look at Your Name, Jesus.
Filled with faith and with our eyes fixed on Jesus, we will return our cities to places of covenantal friendship with God.