The Extraordinary Story of America
“We gather in the joy of freedom and remember that all share a truly extraordinary heritage. Together, we are part of one of the greatest stories ever told – the story of America. It is the epic tale of a great nation, whose people have risked everything for what they know is right, and what they know is true. It is the chronicle of brave citizens who never give up on the dream of a better and brighter future, and, it is the saga of thirteen separate colonies that united to form the most just and virtuous republic ever conceived.
“243 years ago, our Founding Fathers pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to declare independence and defend our God-given rights. Thomas Jefferson wrote the words that forever changed the course of humanity, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.’
“With a single sheet of parchment and 56 signatures, America began the greatest political journey in human history.” (President Donald J. Trump, July 4, 2019)
“Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank the Lord for this incredible nation, the United States of America!
- Thank Him for the bravery of the Founding Fathers!
- Thank Him for the wisdom He gave those founders.
- Thank Him for His plan that has unfolded for 243 years.
- Intercede for this great nation to continue to choose God and His ways.
- Pray that the Lord continues to lead our leaders into the right course, even if they do not know Him.
- Declare, “Let these words from the Declaration of Independence forever continue to be true in America, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.’”
A prayer you can pray:
God, we thank You for this incredible and unique nation, the United States of America! What a privilege it is to live here! Let us not take our freedom for granted. It was forged with great costs to our Founding Fathers, who sought You on their knees. You granted them Your wisdom and You gave them Your words. Therefore, it has been a lasting form of government for 243 years to this point. May it last many hundreds of years more. It can, with Your hand of mercy upon it! Some of the Founders did not even know You, yet You bonded them together and led them to find Your way forward. Lord, keep doing that today. Speak to those who don’t even know they are hearing Your Holy Spirit. For the sake of America, keep speaking and leading our leaders. We are always in a Divine tension, pulled a little to the left and right, but, ultimately, we go the right way. You are caring for people here and around the world from these shores. You are sending missionaries in droves from this land. We are not perfect, but the freedom we enjoy is a strong catalyst for the expansion of Your Gospel in the earth. It is nothing less than a miracle for this to have gone on so long. We are so grateful, Jesus. Thank You, thank You, thank You! Amen.
‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.’