Prophetic Message From Dutch Sheets – Day 10
The Everlasting Power of the Cross
In 2007, I was given a dream where I was boxing 5 giants. I knocked out 5 giants in 5 rounds, one per round. I knocked each giant out with one punch. I alternated fists—first giant, second giant, third, fourth, fifth. I walked out of the ring and said, “If you are going to take out the giants in this season, you’re going to have to wear these two gloves.” One said “Everlast”. One said “Evergreen”. “Everlast” is taken from Genesis 21:33, where Abraham called on Everlasting God, Olam, the God of Eternity. He is the God that deals with the past, controls the now, and can get you into your destiny. He is the God outside of time. He is bigger than our failures, bigger than our sin. He redeems the past, cleanses us from sin, navigates us through the now, and gets us to the point He declared He would get us. The other said “Evergreen”—covenant.
Recently, someone else had a vision of me entering a ring to fight a giant. He said he saw me pull back my arm as if to deliver a blow. As I did, he saw “Eternity” come into the glove called “Everlast”. He said it was as if, since the days of Abraham until now, the synergy of the ages came into this glove and it was filled with Eternity. I have been saying since 2007, “It’s not hard to knock out the giants, if you have the right gloves.” It wasn’t about my strength or ability. I’m not a boxer. It was all about wearing the right gloves. So, in this vision, I pulled back the glove and “Eternity” entered—Olam. I delivered a right cross and the giant went down. I delivered a cross. It wasn’t an uppercut or a jab. It was a cross. You don’t have to be prophetic to see the symbolism here. Eternity is in the cross. The power is in the cross. I delivered the cross and the giant was knocked out.
“Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the Lord, the Eternal God.” (Genesis 21:33; NIV)
“For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:17-18; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Ponder this: The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the story of the cross and resurrection. All of the power needed to eternally save individuals is in Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. All the power to defeat every one of God’s enemies (which are our enemies) comes through that work on the cross. Let this sink in deep!
- Meditate on the words “Eternal”, “Everlasting”, and “Eternity”. Look up their meanings. Grab hold of the understanding of them. Feel different?
- Worship the Eternal One, the only One true God, the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the One that has always been and will always be. Worship Jesus and His work on the cross.
- How does that area of your life needing breakthrough look now?
- How will you pray over national issues now which need Christ’s intervention?
A prayer you can pray:
(Follow the prayer directives above today and let the Holy Spirit speak truth and revelation into your spirit. Let faith arise and may your enemies be scattered, along with the enemies of this nation.)
The power of the cross of Jesus Christ will defeat every giant this nation is facing!