How Does God Feel About Abortion?
“Across the nation, there is a fight for life. There are a lot of different opinions out there. We can’t have an opinion on this topic. We have to look at the scriptures. What does God believe? How does God feel about the shedding of innocent blood? We need a biblical foundation under us before we can discuss this. One of the major issues we see that God has with abortion is that it destroys a man or woman that God has made in His image. Yes, that baby in the womb is a future man or woman. In Proverbs 6, the Lord clearly says that He hates the hands that shed innocent blood. So, how does God feel about abortion? Scripture says clearly that God hates abortion. The blood of 60 million babies cries out from the ground in America. What if we began all of our debates about abortion or the rights of a woman with the understanding that God hates abortion and will demand a reckoning if a life is taken? The Church has to understand that abortion is not a casual thing. Abortion fuels the demonization of a culture. Killing any person, including a child in the womb, is the murder of the image of God.” (Jeremiah Johnson)
Thank God for the shed blood of Jesus that now washes away all blood-guiltiness when we embrace Jesus as Savior and repent of all of our sin!
“”Surely for your lifeblood, I will demand a reckoning. From the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother, I will require the life of a man. Whoever sheds this man’s blood, by man his blood shall be shed. For in the image of God, He made man.” (Genesis 9:5-6; )
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Note from Dutch Sheet Ministries: Our hearts go out to the women who have found themselves pregnant due to rape or abuse. We understand the mental anguish involved. We want you to know that God still loves you and the child in your womb was not a surprise to Him. He is able to provide merciful answers to every situation, if you will seek Him and trust Him with your life. We pray a special measure of God’s grace over you today. If you have aborted your child, there is forgiveness. If you are still pregnant and unsure what to do, please call the National Right to Life’s Help Line for options in your local community. It is available 24 hours a day. You can also email them.
- Read Psalm 106, focusing on verses 36-46. Note how the Israelites sacrificed their children to foreign gods. Note God’s response.
- Intercede for the people of God to have a revelation that abortion is not a civil rights issue. It is a moral issue. It is a very serious matter before the Lord.
- Pray for women in the Church that have chosen to abort a child. Pray with love and compassion for them to repent, so they can be free of the guilt and shame and any curse that may have come upon them. The enemy wants to destroy them, not just their child, spiritually, physically, and/or emotionally.
- Pray for men in the Church who have impregnated women and participate in the abortion process. Pray for Christian parents, pastors, and friends who have encouraged women to abort their babies. Ask God to convict them of sin and cleanse them from all unrighteousness.
- Ask God to remove judgement from the Church, replacing it with compassion, wise counsel, and answers for those whose sin finds them out with a pregnancy. The child should never pay the price for the sin of the parents.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, minister in a very speical way today to those women who have found themselves pregnant following violent acts against them, such as rape or abuse. The enemy is seeking to destroy both the life of the mother and the life of the child. Embrace them and lead them through this unimaginable season with a special grace to resist the abortion of the child within them. Help them find answers through the trained ones You have raised up across the nation for such a time as this. Bless National Right to Life’s 24 hour helpline. We need many more services for these women. Draw to repentance those Christian women who have aborted children due to inconvenience or fear that their sin of immorality will be discovered. Satan loves to blanket us in shame when we sin, adding even more pain and destruction. Convict the fathers who impregnated and encouraged their partner to abort their child. Convict the Christian parents, friends and pastors who participated, as well, just to keep their pride intact. Or maybe, they were simply deceived, thinking they should mind their own business and let this be between the woman and her doctor. Since when do we just shut our eyes and ignore anyone else killing another human being?! Forgive us all for keeping our mouths shut on this moral issue, Father. We ought to fear You, not man. Remove abortion from our land in Jesus’ Name, amen.
We will no longer tolerate abortion in America.