Transition Series – Wrapping it All Up
I want to move forward in faith and I want to move forward in the confidence that I am doing what God says. I am not talking about getting so super spiritual that I need Him to show me which head of lettuce to buy. I am talking about life decisions. I’m talking about those major intersections in your life that will cause your destiny to move one way or another. Let’s ask the Lord to give us the ability to do the things that we have been talking about and to process well. Here they are again:
- Be flexible
- Don’t trust your emotions
- Don’t let preconceived notions mess up the process
- Get back to the basics and read your Bible
- Be led by the Spirit
- Use a multitude of wise counselors
- When in doubt, don’t
“This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength.’” (Isaiah 30:15; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- One more time, bring all your emotions before the Lord, especially where you are confronting a very difficult or key decision. Ask God to replace them with His peace and rest.
- Repent of any preconceived notions.
- Pray for a heart that will be flexible to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Stay rooted and grounded in His love and His Word.
- Ask Him for wisdom, for He says He will give it to all who ask Him for it.
- Press in for the leading of the Holy Spirit and spiritual maturity.
- Pray for those wise counselors to come and help you.
- Give everything to God and worship Him!
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we pray for those who are struggling with their emotions. Give us personal moral integrity, though no one may know but us, to say, “I’m going to do what the Lord says, regardless of how I feel.” Thank you for showing us Your will as we make that decision. Make us flexible. Do not let us be controlled by preconceived ideas. Let us know when to factor in wisdom and all You have taught us. Thank you for the common sense You have given us, but show us when to turn and go a different way, because You want to do something different in our lives at this point. Give us that little check that we need. Help us to get in touch with that lack of peace when we’re about to go in a direction that isn’t right for us. Let us settle the issue once and for all that we are not going to do anything of significance in our lives until we know what You are saying. We pray that we would be Word people. Let us so honor Your Word that You would find it easy to talk to us. May we be such worshippers that we would hear easily and mature to the point where we are led by Your Spirit, at times without even realizing it. Let it be normal for us. Let us discern between Holy-Spirit-given peace and emotional peace. Help us to make wise decisions. We are moving into a season where courses are changing. There are new directions for many. There are things you are doing in this nation. You are doing new things. Let us find the new season exciting and meaningful, not frustrating. Give us peace and move in that peace. Let the winds of change blow, and let us bend with the wind, precious Jesus. How I love You! Amen.
God is getting His Body ready for the winds of change He is orchestrating in the nation!