Transition Series – Be Led by the Spirit
In Romans 8, it says that we are children of God and are all heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ. “Children” there is “teknon”. It’s the word for “teenager”. As children in the Lord, we have all the rights of scripture and all the promises of God. Then, He makes a profound statement. He says, “Those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.” “Sons” there is “huios” (wee-os)—spiritual sons and daughters, fully matured. He’s saying that we come to a point in time where we not only walk in the provisions and the covenant blessings of salvation, but we are so mature in our walk that we can be trusted to be led by the Spirit.
We are all supposed to be led by the Spirit. However, the more you walk with the Lord and the more you mature, that gets easier. I think every Believer can be led by the Spirit, but I remember the days when I would try to hear from God and it would seem so confusing. It gets easier the older I get. I can discern the voice of the Lord. There are times I can’t even tell you how I know. I’ll have a question or a challenge and I don’t have weeks or days to pray about it. Suddenly, I just know what to do. My spirit is in tune with His and I can be led by the Spirit. I cannot tell you how I know it. I just know it.
“You will hear a voice behind you saying, ‘This is the way. Follow it, whether it turns to the right or to the left.’” (Isaiah 20:21; GWT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Are you still struggling to hear His leading and direction? Read the entirety of Romans 8 and remember who and Whose you are!
- The only way to get to this place of maturity is to spend time with Him in prayer and to fill yourself with His Word. Tell Him you want an increased desire for both!
- Instead of wondering about how crazy the world’s gotten, how extreme things are, ponder them together with the Lord. Let Him give you His perspective and heart. Let Holy Spirit lead your intercession.
- Not sure what to do about something? Specifically ask the Holy Spirit to lead, guide, and direct you, as you seek Him.
- Ask God to fill this land with Believers filled with faith, actively seeking and being led by the Holy Spirit. That will change a nation!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, when all around seems like sinking sand and we do not know where to go, what to do, what to say, we need the leading, guiding, and direction of Your Holy Spirit. We must grow up into all things in Christ Jesus. Your Word tells us that all creation is longing for the revealing of the sons of God. Everything is watching to see what the world will look like once Your Church realizes who they are in You! The lost will be saved, healed and delivered. The downtrodden will be encouraged. Those oppressed of the devil will be free! Those impoverished will have all their needs met in Christ Jesus. Holy Spirit-downloaded solutions to challenging social problems will be revealed. We will see a Spirit-led social justice movement, ending abortion and human trafficking, among other things. People will come to know who it is that God created them to be, as they come to know Him. The Body of Christ will grow up into all things in Christ Jesus and that maturity will bring an expansion of God’s Kingdom to the earth, such as has not been seen since the Church was birthed in the Book of Acts. This is not pie-in-the-sky dreaming, Lord. This is what Your Word says! Holy Spirit lead us. Holy Spirit, guide us. We seek Your direction Holy Spirit. Make us mature “sons” of God. In Jesus’ name, amen.
“For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.” (Romans 8:19; NASB)