Honoring Our Mothers
Being a mother is a grace gift of God. Seeing your mom for who she is can be a grace gift, as well. Mothers carry you in the womb and they carry you in their hearts. Regardless of your activities or theirs, you are never far from their thoughts. Mothers who love God pray for you unceasingly. Godly mothers look for ways to bless you, encourage you, teach you, and raise you in the fear and the ways of the Lord. Mother’s Day is the perfect day to pray for your mom in return, bless her, and encourage her. God loves our moms even more than we do. If you are able to, convey God’s love to your mom today.
“Only pay attention and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your grandchildren [impressing these things on their mind and penetrating their heart with these truths.]—” (Deuteronomy 4:9; AMP)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- If your mom is living, Christian or not, bless her.
- Pray for her well-being and that she will know God intimately.
- More than any gift you can give, give her a moment of your time. Sit down and visit with her or call her and show her the love of God. Ask if you can pray for her.
- If you have lost your mom, thank the Lord for her.
- If you had a challenging mom, forgive her, living or gone. Let your heart heal a little more today.
- Intercede for your own children and grandchildren, if you are a mom. Bless them and pray for their well-being and salvation. Pray that God introduces Himself to them for the first time, or in a new way. From generation to generation, let’s bless one another.
- Ask God to minister to those who desire to be moms and have not received the desire of their hearts. Likewise for those moms who have lost a child.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, bless my mother. For all of the sleepless nights and scary moments, joy-filled days, and all mundane ones, bless her. For the prayers she prayed and ways she may have taught me about You, I bless her. As she taught me of You, let me do the same with my offspring. Being a mom is a blessing and a challenge. I forgive any conflict I had with her, and I ask You to forgive me where I may have caused it. Minister to the hearts of the moms who may have lost a child. Comfort all those who have lost a beloved mom. Jesus, heal the broken hearts of all women who wanted to be a mom, but have not seen the desire of their heart come to pass. (If you are a mom with children and/or grandchildren, bless them and intercede for them.) Bless all the mothers, Jesus, amen.
God, bless the mothers of America as they raise their children to know You and Your love for them.