The Ninth Hour
“As I began to study the Scriptures regarding this new year (as you know, this is the year 2019 or 5779, both which end with nine), I found something very interesting referred to in the New Testament as the ninth hour of prayer. In the Old Testament, it’s referred to as the time of the evening sacrifice. But in both of these cases, it is a time when Heaven and Earth begin to come together; when Heaven literally responds to the prayers that are being prayed from the earth realm. Wow…and we’re in the ninth hour! God is going to answer by fire and show who really is God, I’m telling you! I hope that this excites you as much as it excites me, because I believe the things that we’ve been praying for, things that we’ve been praying to see overturned, things that we’ve been praying to see God move in and things that we’ve been asking God about, He will answer this year.” (Jane Hamon)
We see this ninth hour principle in His Word:
- In 1 Kings 18 and 19, Elijah confronted the prophets of Baal. God answered Elijah by fire in the ninth hour.
- God sent revival at the ninth hour in response to Ezra’s prayers in Ezra 9 and 10.
- Daniel interceded for his nation in Daniel Chapter 9, and the Lord sent Gabriel to answer him at the ninth hour.
- Acts 10:1-6 tells us that Cornelius was visited by an angel at the ninth hour, who brought instructions to send for Peter. His obedience brought the salvation of he and his household, the first Gentile converts.
- At the ninth hour, Jesus cried out, “It is finished!” The veil was torn in two and forever man now has the opportunity to have a personal relationship with God through receiving Jesus Christ.
“At the time of sacrifice (the ninth hour), the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: ‘Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.’” (1 Kings 18:36-37; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Boldly ask God to intervene in the challenging situations you are facing and those our nation is involved in. He has the answers that we do not have!
- Intercede for angelic assistance and expect them to war with you for your inheritance!
- Call on the Lord for angelic assistance to come and straighten out our nation’s most complicated situations, such as the crisis at our southern border.
- Pray for revival and even the salvation of whole households!
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, what a comfort it is to know how often You have chosen to move on behalf of Your people in the ninth hour of the day. In this ninth year (2019/5779), we embrace this truth and ask for intervention. We agree with the prophets that it is time for You to move, to intervene, to overturn, and to answer the prayers of Your people. Some of the situations Believers are facing are life-threatening, Jesus. The enemy is intimidating us in some situations, and has caused seeming catastrophic losses in others. The same is true nationally. Our President continues to be under unprecedented attack. Our southern border is flooded with the hopeful and the harmful. We are terribly politically divided and disrespectful to one another. You can change these things in a moment and drop wisdom from heaven into the situations we are facing. We choose to look to You, the Author and Finisher of our faith! You are God of the Breakthrough! You are the One on whom we have put our whole trust! Send angels to war for us and break through with us. Let the end result be revival—personal, in our families and for America! Amen.
Lord, let it be known today that You are God in America. Let the spiritual confrontation come. Let angelic assistance come. Let obedience to God’s Word come. Let revival come to the U.S.A.!
1 Learn more about Jane Hamon here.