70 Days – Righteousness Exalts a Nation – Day 10
GiveHim15 will be collaborating with Love Ministries in a very special 70-day prayer focus. We are going to take a stand for righteousness in the United States of America from February 9th through Passover, April 19th.
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.” (Proverbs 14:34; NASB)
RESTORING THE CITY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
“See how the faithful city has become a harlot! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her — but now murderers! Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water. Your rulers are rebels, companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow’s case does not come before them. Therefore, the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: ‘Ah, I will get relief from my foes and avenge myself on my enemies. I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities. I will restore your judges as in days of old, your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you will be called the City of Righteousness, the Faithful City.’ Zion will be redeemed with justice, her penitent ones with righteousness.” (Isaiah 1:21-27; NIV)
The Lord has sought a righteous remnant to stand before him on behalf of the land so that he will not have to destroy it. Our land is mourning and in turmoil because of abortion, innocent bloodshed, immorality, rebellion, lawlessness and wickedness. We have exchanged the glory of God for worthless idols. This passage could well be addressed to cities in our nation. Thank God for his mercy and grace. He has a redemptive plan. We recognize that our battle is in the heavenly realm against the kingdom of darkness. This passage comes with a redemptive promise of the Lord, Himself, stretching forth His hand against our enemies. He promises to remove the impurities and restore the judges of old. Then, the city will be called the City of Righteousness and Faithfulness!
Give Him 15 minutes of prayer:
- Stand before the Lord and repent on behalf of the unfaithful city which has become a harlot. Ask the Lord to forgive and cleanse us, as a nation, for a spirit of prostitution.
- Repent for abortion, innocent bloodshed, immorality, rebellion, lawlessness, wickedness, robbery, bribery, not defending the fatherless or caring for the widows.
- Ask the Lord to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness and heal our land.
- Ask the Lord to remove all unrepentant, rebellious rulers and unrighteous judges from our land in every sphere of influence and authority.
- Thank the Lord for restoring the judges of old and raising up righteous counselors.
- Declare, “Our cities and nation will be called the City of Righteousness; the Faithful City.”
The 70 Day Decree:
Lord God, we present ourselves unto You a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). We acknowledge and declare that we are filled with the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:11). Your Word tells us that righteousness exalts a nation (Proverbs 14:34). We stand before You in the land You have given us, and we decree and release the righteousness of Christ into our territories, spheres of influence, our cities, states, and nation in order to bring healing, revival, awakening, and reformation to America. Father, let Your Spirit of righteousness be released and established in us, and in every place in which You have given us jurisdiction. Let Your righteous Kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10)! Prepare the soil of this nation and realign us with Your righteousness! In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.