Correcting Our Warped Understanding of God and Time
In Genesis 21:33, Abraham used the word “Everlasting” for the first time to describe God. The term in Hebrew is Olam-El. It doesn’t just mean that God is eternal. It means He is the God outside of time, who lives in eternity, which is a timeless realm. One lexicon says it means, “The most distant times in both directions, past, present and future.” However, honestly, any time you use time to try to describe it, you have just violated the concept of Olam. He is outside of time and sees yesterday, today and forever, all at once. Isaiah 46:10 says, “He declares the end from the beginning.” God is the only One that does not start things at the beginning. He starts at the end. He sees the end and He declares the end from the beginning. Then, He backs up and begins to unfold the process to get where He wants to go. Because He declares the end from the beginning, He is never trying to figure out anything! He never “finally gets around” to anything. He never “finally decides” anything. He’s always moving toward what He has already planned.
“Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the Lord, the Everlasting God.” (Genesis 21:33; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Worship the Lord for a minute or two. He is worthy, the Everlasting One!
- Declare Isaiah 46:10 in full, “Lord, You make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. You say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’”
- Sit and let that statement sink in. Meditate on it. Do you believe it?
- Say, “God is the Everlasting One. He isn’t trying to figure out a way forward. He is headed exactly where He has planned to go from before the foundation of time.”
- In light of the revelation on “Olam-El, the Everlasting God” and Isaiah 46:10, pray for the United States of America.
A prayer you can pray:
Everlasting God, Olam-El, the One who displays the end from the beginning, I worship You. How can I refuse to worship the One who made a way for me when there seemed to be none? How can I refuse my Savior, Deliverer, Healer, Provider and Lord? You saved me and You have a sure plan to save this nation. You aren’t trying to figure out a way forward. You are headed exactly where You have planned to go from before the foundation of time.Your purpose will stand and You will do all that You please. Those that think they can form this nation anyway they want to are in for a big surprise! Your plans are the ones that will come to pass, instead. The Ekklesia gets a front row seat to watch the shift toward righteousness and the preparation for harvest time in America! Thank you, Jesus! Amen.
God is moving forward on His plans for America! Nothing can stop His plan!