A Report on “Giants Will Fall” – Part 4
There was also a great emphasis on the Millennials and Generation Z (those born in 1995 or later). We heard first-hand testimonies from several teenagers who were in DC praying during the Kavanaugh hearings. Our host church had planned the trip for a year, not knowing they would be taking the 70 teenagers to the Capital at such a strategic time! The Lord used them tremendously while in D.C., and in the conference, they led us in powerful prayer for the healing and restoration of our nation. It was a very moving session.
“We will not hide (these truths) from our children. We will tell the next generation about the LORD’s power and great deeds and the miraculous things he has done.” (Psalm 78:4; GWT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Shout and clap and thank God for our young adults and teens who love Him and have a passion to intercede for this nation.
- Ask the Lord to raise up more and more young intercessors.
- Repent for thinking that all young people are self-centered and self-focused.
- Find a prayer room where the young lead the worship. Go sit in the service and soak it up. Intercede for the intercessors and worshippers.
- If you are a pastor, host a night of worship and intercession led by the young in your congregation.
A prayer you can pray:
I worship You, God! I thank You and praise You for the young adults in America. I thank you for those who love You and desire to pray for America. I am encouraged hearing about their powerful, faith-filled prayers at our nation’s capital. It was clearly Your plan to have that church from Chattanooga schedule a trip to take their youth and young adults to D.C. to coincide with the Kavanaugh hearings. You stirred their hearts for intercession in the midst of a tremendous battle. You orchestrated putting them right in the middle of this historic shift in the Court. You gave them a Justice that would fight for life in their generation. You gave them a heritage of “life”. I pray it holds! Show me where there is a house of prayer near me that is filled with young worshippers and intercessors. I want to go and intercede for them while they minister before You, Jesus. Amen.
I decree young adults and teens in the Church will be fully welcomed in their roles as worshippers and intercessors for America!