A Little About Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson wrote on the front of his well-worn Bible, “I am a Christian. That is to say, I am a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus.” (*) He was also the Chairman of the American Bible Society, which he considered his highest and most important role. When he was President, he was head of the school board in Washington, D.C., and required that the Bible and a book of hymns and songs be used to teach the kids how to read! This is who Thomas Jefferson was—the man they try to quote and say that our founders didn’t want God in school! Those advocating the separation of church and state know exactly what our founders meant when they wrote the U. S. Constitution, yet they teach fiction. It is not hard to find these historical quotes. They just don’t like the truth. It doesn’t fit their narrative.
“Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit.” (Proverbs 12:17; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- When we twist truth, we can alter history. That has happened in the case of Thomas Jefferson in both his life and his writings. Boldly ask God to correct history!
- Identificationally repent for our nation’s attempt to remove God from civil society—from our government, schools, businesses and laws—where historical record was ignored or twisted.
- Declare that a spirit of deception that has come through the manipulation of historical record will be broken off our nation.
- Declare that Truth will be restored!
- Command the Supreme Court Justices to thoroughly research historical facts and intent before making arbitrary decisions that shift our nation’s history.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we rarely think of the ramifications when we lie or twist the truth. In the case of Thomas Jefferson, revisionist Supreme Court justices thought they could take the words of a man they considered progressive and just alter them to fit their desire for America. Well, that has left us with an ongoing battle over religious freedom in America, as well as tarnished Thomas Jefferson’s image. Forgive us for our pride, Lord. We want You to be our Lord and King over America. We want our Constitution to be the solid foundation for the nation that it is meant to be. We do not want You rejected from civil society. We are in desperate need of You! We declare that this deceptive turning around of historical words is over now! We say that men and women who honored You will be once again honored in our history books for the stand they took. Truth will be restored to America! We say that only men and women can be seated on the Supreme Court who will look at every bit of historically factual information. They will base their decisions on what the intent of the Constitution’s writers was before they make a decision affecting our nation’s laws and future. God, cause things to be reversed and set right constitutionally in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Truth will reign over America!
* Quote from “America’s God and Country.” Learn more here.