And the Supreme Court Nominee Is….
U.S. Circuit Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh is President Trump’s nominee to fill the seat on the Supreme Court vacated by retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. Judge Kavanaugh is a strong supporter of the U.S. Constitution, as written and amended. He is a practicing Catholic and a God-fearing man. He has taken clear stands for life in his time as a Circuit Court Judge. He feels, as Justice Neil Gorsuch does, that politics should be left out of the Courts. We don’t yet know when the Senate confirmation hearings will be, but we will begin to pray.
“Always think carefully before pronouncing judgment. Remember that you do not judge to please people but to please the Lord. He will be with you when you render the verdict in each case. Fear the Lord and judge with integrity, for the Lord our God does not tolerate perverted justice, partiality, or the taking of bribes.” (2 Chronicles 19:5-7; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Read everything you can about Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Pray 2 Chronicles 19:5-7 over him. Ask God to reveal anything that may not line up with this scripture, but otherwise to have him quickly confirmed.
- Pray protection for him and his family. There are groups and individuals in this nation that are not happy with this choice.
- Ask that the Senate confirmation hearings are scheduled quickly and early enough to leave plenty of time for a good decision to be made.
- Pray for the Senators that may not agree politically with this pick. Pray they will focus on what matters – strong character, good education, and a clear judicial record over politics.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we want the one person You want in that open Supreme Court seat. As I pray 2 Chronicles 19:5-7 over Judge Brett Kavanaugh, reveal anything in his life that may not line up with Your Word. If he is a righteous vessel, then we say, “Let him be seated without delay!” Keep him and his family safe through this season. Send Your holy angels to guard and protect them from any political opponents. Thank you that this man does not play politics, but stands firmly for the US Constitution. Let his strong moral character shut the mouth of every potential accuser. Lord, may he be without reproach, a man of honor and one who glorifies Jesus Christ, whom he serves, so that his confirmation is assured. For the future of our nation and in the name of Jesus, amen.
Only the one God has chosen can sit in the vacant Supreme Court Justice seat!