Independence Day 2018
Family, flags, picnics, parades, and fireworks are the staples of Independence Day today. It’s our nation’s “birthday” and we will celebrate it for all the world to see. The United States of America is turning 242 years old! Our nation is a miracle. Our republic has lasted, despite threats, politics, wars, and attacks of all kinds against us. Here we are. Our founders would be pleased and shocked all at the same time, if they could see us now. We continue to stand on the bedrock of the U. S. Constitution. We continue to fight to keep God welcome and involved in every aspect of our daily lives, including our laws and governance. It hasn’t been easy and the cost has been great, but Happy Birthday, America! We are so thankful to God for the United States of America!
“And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 5:20; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank God for establishing the dream in His heart called, “The United States of America!”
- Think of one historic issue that is still unresolved today and intercede into it for a bit. (Racism is one that comes to mind.)
- Look in the news and find a current issue that is dividing our nation and intercede into that. (Immigration is at the forefront. The open seat on the Supreme Court is likely to be a divided issue.)
- Pray against all forms of violence against America – terrorism, racial division, school shootings, etc. Ask for the blood of Jesus to protect us from all harm.
- Despite all the challenges, thank God again for this wonderful country we get to call “home”!
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we are forever grateful that You dreamt of a nation that would honor You from its foundations. You established it as You sent Your servants here. You gave their descendants a grace to honor You above any other and to demand the freedom to govern themselves under You. Wow! What a wonderful heritage we have. (Think of one historic issue that is still unresolved today and intercede into it for a bit. (Racism is one that comes to mind.) Look in the news and find a current issue that is dividing our nation and intercede into that. (Immigration is at the forefront. The open seat on the Supreme Court is likely to be a divided issue.)) We ask for the blood of Jesus to stand as a barrier over America to any plans of the enemy to harm us. We lift up a banner of worship from sea to shining sea, even as we celebrate, Jesus. Keep us safe another year. Glory and honor to the Name above every other name, amen.
The United States of America will remain free under God’s watchful eye!