Where the Strongman Lives
Years ago, a wonderful intercessor who gave her life to pray full time for Washington, D.C., led me on a number of prayer journeys there. She was a strong and gracious lady and knew many of the Congressmen and women, who highly trusted her. She was very tuned-in to the things of the spirit there. After one of these prayer journeys, she said, “Now, I’m going to take you to where the strongman lives.” The “strongman” is spoken of in Mark 3:23-27 and Matthew 12:29. This is referencing a demonic force that rules in any particular situation. I knew where we were going—we headed to the Supreme Court. She said, “The strongest ruling spirit over America is headquartered here in this building.” I believed it and still do.
“How can anyone enter the strongman’s house and carry off his property unless he first binds the strongman. Then, he will plunder his house.”(Matthew 12:29; NASB)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Did you know that if you are caught praying in the Supreme Court building, you can be removed by the security officers there? You can even be arrested. Declare that God will be honored in the Supreme Court and that prayer will be welcomed there.
- Press in for the strongman of God-lessness and humanism to be uprooted.
- Nothing says that a Supreme Court Justice cannot be open about their faith. We can certainly see their political bent! Cry out for any Justices that know and love God to be open about God’s influence in their lives and decisions.
- Pray that every believing clerk and staff member working behind the scenes makes intercession for Court decisions a key part of their day. Intercede for these we often don’t ever think about.
- Ask God to raise up an ongoing intercessory prayer group for those that work there, so the darkness and God-lessness will be driven out.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, the Supreme Court does not belong to the enemy. It belongs to the people of the United States of America. It is not meant to be a place of dark, man-inspired decisions, where judges make laws rooted in their political philosophies. It is meant to be a place where constitutional truth and justice is found. Jesus, You are the source of justice. You are Truth. I say that You, Judge of the whole Earth, will be welcomed in the highest Court of the land. No longer will Your people be driven out for humbly seeking You in that place. The strongman of God-lessness and humanism will be uprooted. Those justices that know You will feel free to pray and say they do. They will be free to state that the basis of their decision has come from seeking Your wisdom, as they examine the tenets of the Constitution, and they will not be mocked. Staff and clerks will feel free to meet together to intercede over each day’s procedures and tasks. They will bathe that building and all its important activities in prayer! Their prayers will drive out the darkness and loose the Court from the strongman that holds our justice system in its grips. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Let the Glory of God fill the Supreme Court!