God doesn’t just restore things once. He restores things back to His plan and purpose in what I call redemptive cycles. We are always in some process of restoring something in the planet earth back to the church in the way it is supposed to be. Another word for this is “reformation.” Reformation means to correct or straighten. Something has gotten crooked or off, like a broken bone. It means to amend something, when it’s not just the way it is supposed to be. We shouldn’t think of reformation as just in the context of the “Great Reformation,” because we are always going through seasons of restoring and reforming things, and straightening things out. He started in Genesis at the Fall and He is going to correct everything.
“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” (1 Peter 5:10; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Tell God you want Him to restore what needs restoring in your generation. No more “times around the mountain.” Ask Him how you can partner with Him in this.
- Declare a reformation season for America, because God is saying through the prophets that it is a reformation season for this nation.
- Declare that marriages and families are being restored.
- Declare that children that grew up in Christian homes are returning to their families and the Church.
- Declare a straightening out of racism in America. Say there will be honor where honor is due.
- Say that gender identities are being straightened out and men and women will know who God created them to be.
- Decree a re-setting of speaking and reporting the truth in media.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, so many things are out of alignment with You in this generation. I would feel overwhelmed if I did not know You work things out in cycles. However, I don’t want to see us go “around the mountain again”, not realizing Your promises in this generation. I want to partner with You to fulfill Your will. I declare this is a reformation season for America, because the prophets are saying it is! I declare that marriages and families are being restored! I declare that children that grew up in Christian homes are returning to their families and the Church! I declare a straightening out of racism in America and that honor will be given where honor is due! I say that that gender identities are being straightened out and men and women will know who God created them to be! I decree a re-setting of speaking and reporting the truth in media, because they are largely fueling the divisions in America today. Amen.
I decree that where the nation got off track, God is re-setting it!