Becoming “The Church”
You are going to hear the word “Ekklesia” a lot over the next few years. It will be one of the predominant words, if not subjects, because the Church is finally going to become “the Church.” At least, a remnant of the Church will become the Church. Most of the Church right now is not the Church. We’ve defined “the Church” as the building on the corner or the 501(c)(3) we’ve organized, or the service we’re doing, or the organization we lead, or where we go on Sunday mornings. Jesus said that when he re-established Family, we would be His “Ekklesia”. Most of us now know this is a governing body. He was not talking about a congregation. He was talking about a governmental expression of His Kingdom of God on earth. He was saying He would have a governing people on earth that the government of hell would not prevail against.
“‘And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ]. I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.’” (Matthew 16:18-19; AMP)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- If you do not yet have a revelation of yourself as a part of the Ekklesia (governing body) of God in the earth, ask God for that now.
- His Will is His Word. Begin a Bible study program today. You can find many versions of the Bible here. You can find many options to study it here, as well.
- Use the Word as the sword of the Spirit it is meant to be. Declare it and decree it over situations that are out of alignment with God’s Will in the earth.
- Find a scripture to pray over your lost son or daughter or neighbor or friend. Decree it daily, believing that a miracle salvation moment is coming. Be ready to be the answer to your intercession.
- Find a Bible verse to decree over the nation. Decree it daily and watch how God aligns you with like-hearted Believers to see His Kingdom come in that area.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, show me how I am a part of the Ekklesia, the governing Body of Christ in the earth. We are to use Your Kingdom keys to bind the enemy’s works of darkness in the earth, as well as to loose the captives from the enemy’s clutches. We will also loose Your Kingdom strategies in the earth. Make me hungry for Your Word! Lead me to new ways to study Your Word. Show me new things in versions I don’t normally read it in. Show me how to drill down in the Greek and Hebrew to capture the meaning as You had it written. Give me verses to decree over my loved ones and over the nation. In Jesus name, amen.
I decree that the Church will now operate as “the Church”!