The Family Mandate
What is our assignment? Genesis 1:26, 27 and 28. A lot of people think we can’t fulfill that. Well, until now, we didn’t have the revelation to fulfill it. In Genesis 1:26-28, He said, “I want you to multiply and fill the earth.” He gave us the family mandate. He said, “You’re going to give me more kids. I have put My life and breath in you and you will reproduce beings just like you and Me.” Before the Fall, man was a Spirit-filled being. We would reproduce Spirit-filled beings with His nature operating in them. So, He said, “Give Me more family! Make me more people that look like Me, that think like Me, that are in My likeness and image. Reproduce Me on the planet.”
“Then God said, ‘And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us.’ So God created human beings, making them to be like himself. He created them male and female. God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.’” (Genesis 1:26a, 27; 28a; GNT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Have you ever stopped to think about what the world would look like if man had not succumbed to the deception of the serpent? Stop and think about that.
- Can you imagine what a world of Spirit-filled Believers would look like?
- What would the family look like?
- What would a family’s relationship to God look like?
- Intercede for “family” in the earth. Pray for Christian families to be strengthened with grace, wisdom, and unconditional love. Pray that the Church would have a revelation of what God intended family to be.
- Ask God to give you a revelation that you are able to reproduce in your own home and to help other families.
- Make it a goal to bring whole families to Christ, and to disciple them all together.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, I want to meditate on a section of Your Word that I don’t think about much, if ever. What would the world look like if Satan had not deceived Adam and Eve? What would the world look like if sin never entered the world? What would a world full of Spirit-filled Believers set in loving families look like? How would that family relate to You? Grant the Church a revelation of what You wanted family to be. Show us how to repent and get on track in our Believing homes, so we can begin to reflect Your vision for families. As we bring the lost into the Kingdom, help us see whole families saved and show us how to disciple whole families at a time, Jesus. By this alone can our nation be transformed and strengthened. Amen.
The Church will gain God’s vision of “family”, which will change the culture around us!