Happening in California…
It is often said that as California goes, so goes the nation. This is because of the sheer numbers of people living there, coupled with the state being an economic leader. The state has also largely formed our current national culture due to Hollywood, and the cutting-edge media and technology based there. On the table in the California legislature today is a bill, AB 2943, that is raising eyebrows among liberals and conservatives alike. It is already illegal in CA for mental health providers to assist children and youth under 18 years old with sexual orientation change efforts. (Oregon, New Jersey, and Vermont followed suit.) Now, the lawmakers want to go further and make it a crime for anyone to advertise or engage in assisting anyone with sexual orientation change issues, if a fee is charged. This could mean that Believers could not minister to those in gender confusion, especially if those Beleivers are professionals, such as ordained ministers, licensed Christian therapists, authors, etc. Even members of other religious groups should be concerned about this. It was already passed in the California House.1
“So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female.” (Genesis 1:27; GWT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Intercede for the legislators in the state of California that they would reject this bill, as it could potentially hold people in bondage with no hope of deliverance. You may need to fast today, as you pray.
- Ask God to reveal the full truth and agenda behind this legislation. Command it to get in the light.
- Intercede for those individuals that are gender-confused. It is currently culturally acceptable for people to “explore their sexuality” and decide what gender they want to be. Pray that these confused ones would have a revelation of God’s deep love for them and the gender He created them to be. Pray this truth would permeate their minds and hearts.
- Pray for our youth, even those raised in Christian homes, who do not understand why it is important to agree with God over our God-given gender.
- If you live in the state of California, click HERE for a resource that gives you more information and tells you how to contact your state senator.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, stop California’s AB 2943 from becoming law in that state. We humble ourselves and fast and pray today for gender-confused people to be able to get the help they need to be mentally well and whole. We know the answers are in Your Word. But the Church may not be able to provide counsel and resources to help with this issue, Lord, if this bill passes. We command the agenda behind this bill to be exposed to your light. May it unravel, Lord. We pray for this generation of youth who are exposed daily to media that tells them they can choose what gender they want to be. This is Satan’s lie to keep them from fulfilling their destinies in Christ. Jesus, save them. Heal them. Deliver them. Amen.
I decree that California’s legislature will not be able to stop the Church from setting gender-confused individuals free to be all God created them to be.
1 Read CA AB 2943 in its entirety here.