Wearing the Proper Mantle
Leaders are going to be redefined, because culturally we have pushed them into roles that don’t match the gifting and anointing that God gave them. It’s going to shake some things up. I think there are even those leading large ministries and they are about to be redefined. This will be a healthy thing. When I stopped being a Pastor, I could get some real pastors pastoring people. Everything worked better when I stopped trying to be the healer and began to operate as the Apostle. I coordinated and governed, administrated, and made sure there were some true pastor gifts pastoring the people. When I got redefined, others got redefined. They were no longer my “Assistant Pastors” or “Associates”. I was the Apostle and they were Pastors. Then, the people became more pastoral and apostolic. The pastors, teachers, evangelists, prophets, and I multiplied ourselves and everything went to a new level.
“For it [the Kingdom of God] will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ … For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.” (Matthew 25:14-16,20-21a,29; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
• Call for the equipping gifts to be made clearly manifest in the Body of Christ.
• Ask the Lord to help people know their gifts with clarity.
• Let us offer our gifts back to God. Ask Him if He wants you to do more with your gifts.
• Let the pastors make room for the apostles. The apostolic gift is unique and the church should truly not function without it.
• Humbly ask the Lord to bring to repentance those who have named themselves Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and/or Teacher. Let God bestow the names and let the rest of us watch for the actions of a person’s life that leads them to be called by a title.
A prayer you can pray:
Lord, we call for the equipping gifts to be made clearly manifest across the Body of Christ. Help us, especially our equipping leaders, know what gifts they have, so we can equip the saints, multiply, and bear much fruit! Let those who are pastors add an apostle to their ministry team. Divinely put these relationships together, Lord. Let all those repent who have been running around calling themselves apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists, and teachers, who are not. Let us prefer one another in love, respect the gifts and callings in one another, and minister accordingly. We have much to do as You hasten the day of Your coming. Amen.
I decree the five-fold mantling will increase the function of the Church across America.