Racism in America – Ota Benga (Part 2)
In the early 20th century, “Blacks were considered the lowest form of human development and were considered monkeys and apes by Social Darwinist and other elites in the eugenics movement. Pamela Newkirk, author of Spectacle: The Astonishing Life of Ota Benga, writes ‘Indeed, it was a callous disregard for Benga’s humanity that resulted in him being exhibited at the zoo.’ This same eugenics movement not only influenced Hitler’s Nazi movement, but also Margaret Sanger’s movement, founder of Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider, whose presence is overwhelmingly represented in the Black community. Sanger and other eugenists believed poverty was a biologically inherited trait, and that such people’s offspring should be weeded out of society. If they couldn’t be kept out through sterilization and abortion, they should be weeded out of society through mass incarceration. The horrible slippery slope with racism and eugenics is a death culture, where lives are stigmatized, devalued and warehoused in institutional zoos, called prisons, where they are watched continually, This is another reason why life in the womb must be valued, because when the people we cannot see become optional, inevitably, some of the people we can see will become marginal. Our callous disregard for life, born and unborn, must change.” (William Ford III)1
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!” (Psalm 139:13-17; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Notice the train of thought from racism to the desire to remove an entire people group from the planet. A people group God created and loves. Selah – stop and think about that.
- This is not ignorance, this is hate. Stand in the gap and intercede between those that hate and those that are hated. Pray that God would work a miracle to remove this hatred from America in our generation.
- Read the passage from Psalms above over your life. Now, think of a friend or family member of another racial group. Read it over them, also, inserting their name. Do this every day for the next week, each day over a different person. Write this down and carry it in your wallet. Pull it out and read it every time you are offended by another person.
- Declare that every conceived baby is welcome in this nation.
- Declare that the prisons of America will be emptied, as God heals America from the roots of racism.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, it is clear from Will Ford’s article that the road to racism is a road of rejection of people that You created and love. Eugenics forms a death culture within a nation. It is the basis for abortion and for imprisoning young Black and Hispanic males in greater numbers than Caucasians. This makes me so angry, because You hate this! Lord, give me Your heart of love toward others that are different than me. Give me Your eyes to see them with. Work a miracle to remove racial hatred from our land. I will read Psalm 139:13-17 over myself. Now I read it over (a friend or family member that is a different race than you are). I’ll write it down and carry it everywhere with me, so I can read it over anyone who ever offends me. I want Your love to invade my heart, so I can be an answer to this sin in my nation. I declare that every conceived baby is a wanted baby in America. I declare that prisons will be emptied as You heal America from the roots of racist thought in the USA. Save us, Jesus. Amen.
I decree that the life of every human being is a treasure in the United States of America.
1 Learn more about William Ford III here.
Learn more about Eugenics at maafa21.com