Remembering to Give Thanks!
There’s a wonderful story in Luke that speaks to me about where the Church and the nation should be right now. In Luke 17:11-19, 10 lepers encountered Jesus and the power of God. He gave them instructions and they headed off to the priests to follow those instructions. Only one exhibited the heart God looks for – a heart for Him; a heart of gratefulness. He came back and thanked Jesus. What is even better is when we are thankful even before He acts on our behalf. That shows faith. God has intervened and will intervene and we should be so thankful!
“Jesus said, ‘Were not ten healed? Where are the nine? Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?’ Then he said to him, ‘Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you.’” (Luke 17:17-19; MSG)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank the Lord for no other reason than He is!
- Thank Him for His care and concern for us and for our nation.
- Thank Him for calling His Church up as one to help in times of such desperate need, as we’ve seen in Texas.
- Thank Him for diminishing Hurricane Irma more quickly than predicted.
- Thank Him in advance for calling the rain and snow from His storehouses to drop on the fires in Montana, the northwest and in California,
- Thank Him that He will turn this nation toward Him and turn it in His direction. If He has us asking to intercede this, then it is on His heart!
A prayer you can pray:
God, I love You and thank You just for who You are! Thank you that You love and care for my nation. You have a wonderful plan for America. You prepare plans of salvation and help long in advance of the need. You know just what will be needed when and where. Thank you for dissipating Hurricane Irma before it could cause even worse damage to Florida and the southeast. Thank you for storing up rain and snow for the exact perfect time to drop them from the sky to put our fires out. Thank you in advance of Your turning the nation. Thank you, Jesus! Amen.
I decree that the Church will be thankful before, during, and after God moves on our nation’s behalf!