Where is the Church?
“James says ‘prayer without works is dead.’ Meaning what? ‘Prayer without corresponding action is dead.’ If Joshua prayed but never crossed into the land of the seven mountains to deal with the ‘ites’, he would have never secured an inheritance for his generation. The American church is letting the devil walk off with the inheritance of America and its promise to our children. Why? Because in spite of teaching on 7 Mountains for a decade, the church has NO intention of leaving the shire and engaging the Orks in the mountains of media and government. It’s an invitation to controversy (bad press) and with that, a potential loss of supporters.” (Lance Wallnau)1
“Dear friends, do you think you’ll get anywhere in this if you learn all the right words but never do anything? Does merely talking about faith indicate that a person really has it? Isn’t it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense?” (James 2:14-15,17; MSG)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Cry out, “God, we need faith-filled prayers and action!”
- Repent on behalf of the Church for our prayerlessness, as well as our lack of engaging culture outside the walls of our church buildings.
- Pastors and other leaders in the church, repent of being more concerned about loss of congregants and money than about Kingdom-expansion!
- Weep between the “porch and the altar”, interceding for the Ekklesia to rise up and get in their places outside the walls of the churches in order to effect national generational change.
- Consider running for a local government office or serving on a local governing board of directors, such as your local Economic Development Board or Parks Board or Library Board. See what it takes to create a screenplay or a local theater production. Stay-at-home-moms, get involved in your local schools as a volunteer or find out what it takes to be a substitute teacher. Trust God and do whatever He lays on your heart to do!
A prayer you can pray:
God, we need to act on our faith-filled prayers! Our nation will not change unless we pray and take action in our communities, cities, state and nation. We must engage the enemy out where the battle is! (If you are a pastor or other leader in the church, repent of being more concerned about the loss of congregants and money than about Kingdom-expansion.) Lord, I intercede on behalf of the Ekklesia, of which I am a part. We need to stop playing “church” and start acting like the mighty God-army we are! Show me what part I can do to bring the Kingdom into my realm of influence. Give me the boldness to serve on a local government board or run for a political seat. Use all of my gifts and talents for Your Kingdom purposes on earth, Jesus. Amen.
The Ekklesia of God must pray and take action to secure our Kingdom inheritance for the generations to follow in America!
1 Re-posted from Lance Wallnau’s FB page on 8/1/17. Learn more about Lance Wallnau here.