Honoring Our Mothers
Every living person on earth has a mother. Mothers are human beings, as varied in type and personality as the flowers many of us honor them with today. God’s heart is that we honor those that have given us life, for that reason alone. Most have sacrificed greatly at some point to give us the opportunity to experience the life we now have. Even those that were challenged by the daunting “motherhood” task, gave us challenges to overcome that have shaped who we have become. All are worthy of honor today.
“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” (Proverbs 31:26-27; ESV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Thank God for your mom. If you had a mom who struggled to be there for you, be thankful that she chose to carry you and give you life.
- Pray for your moms that are living. Intercede according to their unique desires and needs.
- If your mom is no longer living, pray for those her life touched.
- Give a flower to a mom today. It doesn’t have to be your own mom.
- Pray for all those would-be moms who have lost a child or who remain single without an opportunity to hold the children they long for. Grieve with those who grieve. Be sensitive to them today.
A prayer you can pray:
“Father, I thank You for the woman who bore me. I know she struggled at times to be the best mom should could be. Sometimes she excelled at it and sometimes not. (Intercede here for your own mom. See the prayer points above to help you.) I pray for all the women who would love to be moms. Minister to those who have lost a child/children. Minister to the single women whose arms are yet empty and give them grace and hope for the future. Your Word says that many are the children of the barren woman. God, bless the mothers in our lives. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
I decree that mothers shall be honored and blessed and that God would comfort the hearts of the wounded and hurting today.