Immigration: Travel Ban
“In recent national social conversation, the term ‘travel ban’ has become synonymous with discrimination, racism, and lack of compassion. However, in light of recent terror attacks, the wisdom of a temporary travel ban on nations that are known to be lack in their security measures and nations that are suspected of actually being sponsors of terror groups is a necessary step of a comprehensive long-term solution. A temporary travel ban must in place in order to secure our nation from potential infiltration of ISIS and other terror groups.” (Mark Gonzales and Herman Martir)1
“Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.” (Exodus 23:9; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Pray for divine wisdom to lead our President and others that are involved in writing policy in regard to a temporary travel ban.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal the intent of the judges and those that are responsible for opposing a temporary travel ban.
- Pray for the immigrants that the Lord is calling to our nation that He has chosen to be a part of what God is doing in the USA.
- Pray for the immigrants that are in desperate situations and have no hope in their own homeland.
- Pray for the children of these nations that are suffering and in need of desperate relief.
- Pray that our government will come up with a solution that will meet the needs of immigrant labor and national security.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, please give wise words and a workable plan to President Trump and all of those writing our government’s policy on immigration. May Holy Spirit cause to be seen the motives the judges have for opposing any temporary travel bans. May the way be open for those immigrants coming here to be a part of God’s plan for them and for this nation. We ask that those in desperate life circumstances would find a welcome here. However, we shut the door tightly to those who would want to enter to cause harm of any kind. Thank You for Your immigration solutions, Jesus! Amen.
We decree that our nation’s immigration policy shall provide welcome for the suffering, while providing security for the citizens of the United States!