Immigration: Praying For National and Border Security
The atrocities of human trafficking, drug trafficking, and terrorism, especially connected to ISIS, entering via the U.S southern border are of the most prevalent issues affecting our national and border security. These issues present a distinct set of circumstances for our government beyond the crisis of undocumented people entering the U.S. illegally to escape difficulties in their own country—underscoring the need for immigration reform in 2017. Legislation that would allow for effective response in counteracting these evils has been “on the table” for too many years. It is time for the U.S. to remedy its broken immigration system, and address legislative policies that will allow immigrants and refugees, with the intention to thrive in America and give America their Pledge of Allegiance, to enter legally and safely. Likewise, we need laws addressing those who would enter to harm our country to be detained and sent back to their country of origin. It’s time for our government to move forward on this issue with the resolve of a fair and compassionate immigration reform that will allow America to flourish in the way which it was founded and God intended. The US State Department estimates that around 14,500 – 17,500 foreign nationals are trafficked into the US each year, with other estimates reaching as high as 19,000. (Mark Gonzalez and Herman Martir)1
“Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” (Isaiah 60:18; NIV)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer1:
- Pray that God will keep our borders safe from those who would desire to harm America while our government works on immigration reform.
- Pray that God will expose the enemy’s agenda to infiltrate our borders. Pray that terrorists that enter through the southern border be caught.
- Pray against the human tragedy behind immigration, and that God will give President Trump His plan and vision for immigration reform.
- Pray for the children lured to cross the border looking for a better life because of the lack of education and opportunities in their own countries.
- Pray for those affected by human trafficking and drug trafficking – that God would protect and heal them – and that God would expose the perpetrators and the drug cartels and eliminate them.
- Pray for the hearts of those who would desire to bring harm to God’s people and harm to America—that they would have an encounter with the living Savior.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, we first look to You to keep the borders of America safe and secure from those who would desire to harm our nation. We are a nation of immigrants and welcome those who desire to come here legitimately. Give our leaders a good plan to protect us from those that would hurt us. Immigration caries many issues with it, especially where families are separated and where those who are enslaved in human trafficking are being brought across our borders. Expose the perpetrators of those crimes, as well as the drug cartels and terrorists. Let them be caught and brought to justice! May all of these encounter the living Christ as they come into America and may many be saved. In Jesus’ Name, amen.
The Lord shall protect the borders of America and give this new Administration a wise plan for border security!