The Cadence of the Army of the Lord
“The past month, I have continued to hear and see this army again. But, the Lord is showing me it is a new season and I am seeing it in a new way. The army is standing in file and rank. They are fully awakened and they are marching in place, in step and in unity in a strong military cadence. In the vision, they are awaiting the announcement of their Commander-in-Chief to advance. The longer the army marches in place, the stronger the cadence, the sound of the cadence and step of the march becomes. It is increasing in intentional focus and in authority. That place of tension for the release from their Commander to advance. Suddenly, the sound of the Commander’s voice echoes a decree in the atmosphere, ‘Advance and possess!’ This united, anointed and prepared army begins to advance with the fullness of Kingdom expression into victory in a battle.” (Rebecca Greenwood)1
“For as the waters fill the sea, the earth will be filled with an awareness of the glory of the LORD.” (Habakkuk 2:14; NLT)
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:1
- Press into God. Press in despite betrayal, trauma, pain or loss. Press in to dispel confusion and gain direction. Press in for the sole sake of intimacy. Press in.
- Tell the Lord, “You cannot get rid of me. I am stuck to you like glue!”
- Ask God for a divine exchange of His strength for your weakness. Be honest with Him about your weaknesses and ask Him to provide grace, wisdom, and favor in these areas.
- Ask the Lord to wash you in waves of His glory. Do not move from where you are until He does.
- Now, stand up and march as a prophetic act. Move with Him and His army in the rhythms of His grace. Ask Him where to move to change your community.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, my heart is moved to press into You today – into the Father, into the Son, and into the Holy Ghost. Thank you for accepting me just as I am. You are the healer. You can heal the effects of betrayal on my life, and the trauma, pain, and loss. Blow away the confusion over my mind and make Your direction for my life very sharp and clear. I will press in until I feel You so close that I can sense your heartbeat and Your love for me. I want to be one with You and move together with You, wherever You are going. Provide grace for the weaknesses in my life. Don’t hold them against me, but, rather, be the strength for those weaknesses. As I stand and march, help me to envision the Body of Christ in this same act, all across America. We are marching together in the rhythm of the Spirit, moving forward until our communities reflect Your Glory, even as we are beginning to. In Jesus name, amen.
I decree that the army of God is rising with healing in its wings to march across this land in a powerful and lovely display of His Glory!
1 Learn more about Rebecca Greenwood here.